1. The Oban Sportive is a timed cycling event - it is not and should not be treated as a race in any manner. You must register on one of the dates and times specified prior to riding.
2. You accept that participation in the Oban Sportive is entirely at your own risk. You accept that the organisers cannot be held liable for injury loss or damage as a result of participation.
3. The minimum age for participants is 16. Entrants under the age of 18 will require signed consent from a parent or legal guardian.
4. Both route options are physically demanding and take place over roads which have sections of steep climbing and descending. In places the road surface is poor. Entrants must be physically fit and capable of riding their chosen distance. Entrants who have any health issues should seek medical advice and approval for their participation.
5. It is a condition of entry that all riders must wear an approved cycling helmet. Participants must ensure that the bike they ride is roadworthy, and that clothing and equipment is of a suitable standard. A road bike with reasonably robust wheels and tyres is the most suitable type of bike. No type of triathlon, aero or clip-on handlebars are permitted. The routes are not suitable for fixed wheel bikes. Each route has 2 feed stations, however, you are advised to carry food and drink suitable for the distance covered. Entrants are advised to carry spares for puncture repairs.
6. Riders will be started between the advertised earliest and latest start times. All riders must be ready at the start at the earliest time scheduled for their route.
7. All participants will be given route cards with emergency contact numbers, however, mobile phone reception cannot be relied upon. The route will be marked at junctions, with marshals present at potential danger points.
8. The rules of the Highway Code must be obeyed at all times. In particular, do not ride more than 2 abreast. Please respect other road users. On single track sections of the road please make use of passing places to allow motor vehicles to pass. You agree to follow instructions given by event marshals. Event marshals have no authority to stop traffic and are present to improve safety.
9. "Caution" notices will be posted to warn of particular hazards on the routes. It remains the individual rider's responsibility to proceed with care at all times.
10. Support vehicles are not permitted on the course.
11. Do not drop litter.
12. Toilets are available at the event headquarters and at feed stations. Please use these facilities and respect the local area.
13. All participants must agree to the organisers using photographs and/or video of their participation in the Oban Sportive.
14. A minimum average speed of 10 mph must be maintained. A sweep vehicle, returning to Oban, will be available for riders falling behind this minimum or abandoning the event for other reasons.
15. The Oban Sportive will take place regardless of weather and will only be cancelled, altered or stopped on safety grounds. All entry fees are non-refundable.
16. The organisers may disqualify any participant who fails to follow the above regulations.