Info: New entries for this event closed on Thursday 27th June 2019.
|Enduro 'Full Spice'||£50.00|
Scotlands Spiciest Mountain bike race, Ballo Enduro. An integral part of the Coupar Angus Cycling Festival which will be returning for more sweet and spicy mountain bike action on the local trails surrounding Coupar Angus on the 29th and 30th of June. It's piggybacked onto the Cycling Festival for a reason. The festivals aim is to get people of all ages and abilities on bikes. Ballo Enduro plays a big part in this and every year we try and develop the event to get more people on Mountain bikes and inspire others to get into it.
The event aims to help progression of Mountain biking, so you are not just thrown in at the deep end, but yet you can have as much fun as everyone else on the trails. There are three riding categories over the weekend :
Explore : This takes place on Saturday only and is the best way to find all of our amazing trails without the pressure of racing. This allows riders to explore and ride the amazing trails surrounding Coupar Angus (Marked out and marshalled) that are within your comfort zone and also helps to build your confidence riding natural trails that we are lucky to have on your doorstep. You also have the benefit of getting coaching on trail from Ben Cathro of Sick Skills MTB Coaching.
Enduro Lite : For those wanting to get into racing or maybe after a more chilled out day on the bike. It will help to build your skills for other races and of course the 'Full spice' in the near future. This is a great opportunity for those wanting to get into racing at a chilled out level. (4 stages)
Full spice : The best trails as usual which will spice up your weekend on the bike. A great mixture of technical, fast and flowy trails that will give you a good challenge whilst having lots of fun (6 stages)
Sunday is race day and we encourage spectators to come out and cheer you on whilst you tackle some of Ballos finest trails and race against the clock.
Prizes : Oooh yes there will be prizes. Child sized trophies, Chickens, King and Queen crowns....whats next! You will have to wait and see! But they will not disappoint.
If you don’t know about the trails, and have not ridden near Coupar Angus, before we suggest you get entered and come and find some of the amazing riding that is on offer.
Included in your entry :
All riders on Saturday will get free coaching from World cup racer, Scottish superstar, professional coach, general top bloke and very tall guy.... Ben Cathro from Sick skills (www.sickskills.co.uk). He will be along for the day to give anyone who wants some coaching, tips and tricks on track throughout Saturday Practice. Depending on entry numbers we may have multiple coaches on the trails to help you ride better and get you closer to that Podium on Sunday!
You will also get free access to our cycling festival on Saturday the 29th which will have tonnes of activities and things on to keep you and any friends/family entertained, loads of places to get great food and plenty of stands/exhibitions to browse in the event village. Watch the facebook pages and www.cacyclinghub.com for more info on the festival and everything happening throughout the week leading up to it.
Accommodation : Discounted rooms at the Redhouse Hotel in Coupar Angus and Camping pitches are available for £5 PP fr the whole weekend.
There is an amazing matrix of trails to be ridden here. If you have raced here previously then expect some of the same again, as well as some fresh stuff to keep it Spicy. If you are new to this event, we aim to please! Expect a good variety of natural singletrack with lots of fun, fast and flowy trails with some harder techier stuff in there to keep you on your toes. It's an Enduro that requires a reasonable fitness level with good mountainbike skills to get maximum enjoyment out of the event. It is also about finding new trails to ride and exploring another part of Scotland. That's what Mountain biking is all about! We will be working hard to make sure all the trails are up to scratch and that all entrants of all abilities enjoy the event as much as possible.
2017 >>>> Official video
Previous years Promo Video here >>> https://vimeo.com/164637864
'Scotch pie - Ballo edition' >>>> https://vimeo.com/193774689
We will be using the SPORTident "Air+" timing system which allows the rider to ride through the start and finish gates with no need to dib in or out allowing for an accurate and instant course time.
Friday - Pre Event - 28th June
- Talk by Markus Stitz (around the world on a single speed) and drinks night
- Camping - Pitch up for the weekend in Larghan Park from 1pm
Saturday - Practice - 29th June
- Event Registration/Start/Finish – Larghan Park Coupar Angus, Perthshire, PH13 9ER
- Event Registration 9am – 10:00 am
- Event Start – Once the riders are registered they can start anytime between 10am and 11am
- Parking : Larghan Park, Coupar Angus Cycling Hub and East of Scotland Farmers car parks
- Take the hassle out of organising dinner and join the fun at our Pizza, Pumptrack and Party night at the Coupar Angus Cycling Hub from 6pm
Sunday - Race day - 30th June
- Event Registration/Start/Finish – Coupar Angus Cycling Hub, 1 Forfar Road, PH13 9AN
- Event Sign on + Timing Chip collection 9.00am – 10.00 am
- Rider Briefing - 10.15
- Event Start – 10.30am – 11am - Once the riders are signed on, have collected their timing chips and been briefed they can start
- All riders to be back in the park and handed back their timing chips by 4.00pm
- Event Prize Ceremony : Sunday 29th June 3.30pm at the Coupar Angus Cycling Hub
- Parking : Larghan Park, Cycling Hub and East of Scotland Farmers car parks
Rules and Regulations
- Ballo Enduro is approximately a 20 mile loop (15 for the Lite approx*) in total. Both categories require a good level of fitness and is suitable for mountain bikers with some level of experience riding down technical/natural single track routes with sections and features that may not be at your everyday riding spot or trail centre. The Lite category will be more suited to less experienced riders with less steep/rough tracks. We will cater for as many riders possible, but we do advise that the trails are not suitable for beginners. The Cycling Festival festival has a variety of races and activities suitable for beginners.
If you have any doubts about your ability, and whether this is the right event for you, then please get in touch and email Grant at email@example.com
- There will be 6 (Full Enduro) and 4 (Enduro Lite) timed stages which you are advised to practice all of before racing.
- Practice is there to be used and to give you time to look at any features before you ride them.
- Helmets must be worn at all parts of the event when riding your bike (on and off road). It is advised to also wear knee/elbow pads and gloves. Full face helmets for descents are advised.
- The Ballo Enduro is run by the Coupar Angus Cycling Hub and its volunteers. Any money made from this Enduro will go straight back into making next years Festival (Free event on Saturday 29rth June) and the Enduro even better. By entering you are not only getting to race and discover some amazing new trails, you are supporting the Coupar Angus Cycling Hub and helping to secure a better future for cycling infrastructure in Coupar Angus and surrounding areas in years to come.
- Riders aged under 16 must be accompanied by an adult rider on the course (there is no charge for the adult who is accompanying them)
- We are always needing for more volunteers to help with trail maintenance and helping on the day of the event. If you or anyone you know would like to help please emailGrant : firstname.lastname@example.org