Info: New entries for this event closed on Wednesday 22nd November 2023.
|Junior / Student Member||£4.00|
|Junior / Student Non-Member||£5.00|
Inverness Orienteering Club welcomes you to a day of orienteering and socialising at the popular Littlemill woods.
Planner’s Comments: Littlemill has a fine mixture of terrain and vegetation including runnable woodland with minimal wind-blow, open moorland, steep gradients and intricate rides and paths. There are a number of wide wet areas and uncrossable lochans and marshes.
Paths and terrain are currently very wet and may be icy so please wear appropriate footwear.
All courses except Yellow will require fence crossings, although there is a path alternative. The fences are approximately 1m high and have barbed wire in places.
Map: Pre-marked and printed on waterproof paper, scale 1:10.000 with 5m contour intervals.
Timing : SI punching will be used, with SI Air enabled
Event centre: Party and Registration /Download are in Farr Village Hall, IV2 6AX on the B 851
Directions: Head south from Inverness on the A9 for about 6 miles and turn right onto the B851, signposted for Fort Augustus. There will be O kites at the junction on the A9. Farr Village Hall is about 2 miles along the road, on the right hand side.
Parking: Car parking will be at the hall car park.
Toilets: There are toilets and changing facilities at Farr Village Hall
Start/Finish are approx 500m from Farr Village Hall.
There will be course for all ages and abilities - if you are not sure what course to enter, do not hesitate to get in touch with the organiser.
Yellow - 2.3km 30m climb
Orange - 2.6 km 55m climb
Short Green - 3.2 km 90m climb
Green - 4.4km 130m climb
Blue - 6.6km 210m climb
Registration: 1000 - 1100
Starts: Punching 1030 - 1130
Start times will not be pre-allocated, turn up when you are ready. There may be short delays at popular times.
Courses close: 1300
Please note courses closing early because of the party. If you think there is a chance you might take more than 90 mins on your course, please start early to allow you to be back before courses close.
Entries will be online via SI entries
Online entries will close on Wednesday 22nd November at 22:00
There will be limited entry on the day, please pre-enter online to guarantee your map!
Seniors (Members/Non –Members): £8/£9. (Entry on the day £1 extra)
Juniors/Students (Members/Non –Members): £4/£5.
SI card Hire fee £1
- Competitors take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety at all times.
- Safety bearing is West to the B851
- Littlemill is well used by members of the public, including dog-walkers and cyclists. Please be aware and courteous to other users.
- Please carry a whistle (or phone) in case of emergency.
- Any competitor with a high-risk medical condition, please contact the organiser either in advance (email below) or on the day at enquiries.
- First Aid cover is being provided by qualified members of INVOC. The first aid kit will be at the hall.
- Due to the time of year the weather may be cold and/or wet, please dress appropriately. In the event of cancellation due to adverse weather notices will be posted on INVOC website and Facebook page
- Courses are not suitable for buggies
- Courses close at 1300. It is essential that you report to download after your run (even if you do not complete your course) so we know you are back safely!
Planner: Marsela McLeod
Safety Sign-off: James Laird
Organiser: Suzanne Robins-Bird - firstname.lastname@example.org
To Farr Community for use of the hall.
Forest Land Scotland for permission to use the area
View the Event Disclaimer / Terms and Conditions.
View the Event Cancellation / Refund Policy.