£14.00 ARC/UKA affiliated
This popular, well established moorland race, now in its 36th year, starts below Haytor Rock and follows a hilly, single lap route before returning once again to Haytor Rock with a fast downhill scamper to the finish opposite the middle car park at Haytor. The course is approximately 6 miles and is challenging, with several steep ascents and descents and is generally run across rugged, open moorland (apart from two sections through woodland; firstly below Hound Tor and secondly below Haytor) and includes a stream crossing.
The course is completely off-road. Please adhere to the Country Code and note that dogs will not be allowed to accompany runners, nor likewise will any following cyclists.
Race HQ is at the Coach Park, located at the far end of the lower car park. There will be toilets but no showers or changing. We will have a wide selection of goodies, including our famous Trotters cakes. We will also have a BBQ on the go. We hope you will be able to stay and join us in what promises to be a cracking evening.
The race is authorised under an Association of Running Clubs race permit, No. 22/159.
* 350 race limit - sold out in seven of the last eleven years;
* 1 hour race cut off time (at Hound Tor);
* Water station at Hound Tor, approximately 3 miles in, and at the finish;
* Quality bespoke medal for all finishers
* Free race photos
* BBQ and cakes on sale at Race HQ
* 1st three Males, 1st three Females;
* 1st & 2nd MU18, MV40, 45, 50, 55 & 60, 1st MV65, 70;
* 1st & 2nd MU18, FV35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60
* 1st Male team (4 to count)
* 1st Female team (4 to count)
* Empire Scaffolding Ltd