Supported: £65 (Attached) £67 (Unattached)
Held under UK:Athletics rules and with the kind permission of The Canal & River Trust, this non-stop 130 mile race is from Old Hall Street, Liverpool, along the Leeds & Liverpool Canal towpath, to Office Lock, Leeds. Competitors who must be 20 or over on race day, are recommended to have their own support crews, but up to 50 Unsupported runners can be catered for by the Organisers, Canalrace C.I.C.. Trail Running Association Permit Number: TBC
From the Start at Old Hall Street Liverpool, to the Finish at Office Lock Leeds, the 130 mile towpath course follows the original Leeds & Liverpool Canal – Britain’s longest man-made waterway. Although it passes through the heartlands of the “Industrial North”, the path is surprisingly scenic. As well as the beautiful countryside, the route features the mile long Burnley Embankment (up to 60 feet above ground level) and the amazing Bingley Five Rise staircase. Both are listed among the “Seven Wonders of the Waterways”
LLCR is the last of a three race series “The Canalslam” totalling over 400 miles. Each race can be entered as a one-off, but competitors completing all three receive a special award. As with the other two events there are no entry qualifications, but a schedule to fit a 40 hour overall time limit is required.
Men: 20:02 Pat Robbins (2014); Ladies: 26:45 Wendy Shaw (2018)
Thank you for your interest to compete in the 2022 LLCR. Entry will be complete as soon as payment is made on SiEntries (subject to correct Questionnaire answers). The organiser reserves the right to refuse entry with no reason being given.
Please visit the LLCR 2022 How to Enter page on the canalrace.org.uk website for full and up to date race information. Pre-Entry Notes, Terms & Conditions and Rules should be read and fully understood before entering.
N.B. This event:
- is minimum support, but with feed points at 14, 25, 40, 54, 70, 84, 99, 113 and 127 miles for Unsupported runners. Drinks available for all competitors at these points;
- has no first aid or medical backup, but provides transport for retiring Unsupported entrants;
- welcomes support crews throughout, and solo buddy runners (not pacers) on foot and only from 70 miles;
- has checkpoint cut-off times in line with an overall time-limit of 40 hours (i.e. to finish by 2200 hours on Sunday);
- is limited to 100 starters in total, first come first served. Places will not be allocated by lottery draw.
Note: Unsupported (tended by organiser) places are limited to 65 in order to achieve max 50 Unsupporteds by race day. Applicants holding out for an Unsupported place should enter on SiEntries as Supported (with own crew) in the first case, before contacting the organiser – an Unsupported Wait List will be maintained for those that get in touch, and places allocated on a one-out, one-in basis.
|Fri 3 Jun 22||Grand Union Canal 145 Mile Race|
|Fri 22 Jul 22||Kennet & Avon Canal 145 Mile Race|