SiEntries Options
Login / Register

The Dragon 100 & 50 Coastal Race

Event Facebook Page
Event Twitter Feed
Event Website

Saturday 16th to Sunday 17th July 2022

Entries Open
Monday 23rd August 2021 at 08:00
Entries Close
Sunday 10th July 2022
Entry Fees
Dragon 100 Mile   £140.00   
Dragon 50 Mile   £80.00   
Joe Timmins

To enter you must first Log In or Register your Details with SiEntries.

The Dragon Coastal Races are ultra-trail footraces along the Wales Coastal Path. There is a choice of TWO distances - 100 miles from Rhossili Bay to Cardiff Bay OR 50 miles from Margam to Cardiff Bay. The routes are ideal for a first attempt at either distance or for a seasoned runner looking to post a quick time over some fast, runnable trails. 

80% of the 100mile route follows the Wales Coastal Path and passes through some stunning scenery including the Gower Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Kenfig Sands Nature Reserve, and the Glamorgan Heritage Coast. The remaining 20% of the 100 mile route leaves the Coast path and takes you inland through a 'magical' network of trails through the Afan Forest.

The Dragon 50 route starts with a 3 miles loop of trail before joining onto the Wales Coast Path at Kenfig sands and following it to Cardiff.

Both routes finish at the lively Cardiff Bay after a run over the Cardiff Bay Barrage.  The Dragon 100 route has approximately 3000 meters of ascent, and the Dragon 50 has approximately 1300 meters of ascent, so are perfect for a first attempt at either distance or a fast time. 

There are 11 manned checkpoints for the 100mile race and 7 checkpoints for the 50mile race which provide a mixture of sweet and savoury snacks and hot and cold drinks. The Route is marked with a combination of in-situ Coast Path Signs, Running Arrows and Illuminous Flags. 

The routes are also perfect for family and friends to spectate with many beaches, cafes, restaurants, beauty spots and easy transport access to the entire route.

Administered by Refund Protect

This event offers the option to purchase upgraded refundable terms, so that participants may be able to get a refund if they are unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances.

Save the date and share

Event Location: