Info: New entries for this event closed on Sunday 28th July 2019.
The South Shields 10 Mile Race will return in 2019 on Sunday 4th August along the beautiful coastal views of South Shields. The course starts at Souter Lighthouse, heading North along the beautiful South Shields coastline and The Leas before heading back to Souter Lighthouse to finish.
RACE DATE 2019 – Sunday 4th August 2019 at 9am.
The hugely popular South Shields 10 is a fantastic challenge on multi terrain, including trails, grass and coastal paths. All finishers will receive a South Shields 10 Mile Race 2019 medal.
The race is a perfect challenge for all runners and will serve as an ideal training race before the famous Great North Run in September.
Route Map 2019 - visit runeatsleep.co.uk/shields10mile2019
1. Race HQ – Souter Lighthouse, postcode SR67NH
2. Footwear – Road & trail shoes are both suitable for the course. If very wet we would advise trail shoes.
3. Headphones – permitted as long as you can also listen out for instructions from marshalls & race organisers at all times.
4. Water Station – Cups of water will be available on the Leas at approximately 2.5, 5 and 8 miles. Bottles of water available at finish line. We would also encourage runners to take their own drink if the weather is very hot on the day.
5. Held under UKA Athletics rules & licensed with Trail Running Association
6. Number Collection –
On the day from 7.45am at Souter Lighthouse, or on Saturday 27th July & Saturday 3rd August at Bamburgh Pub from 9.30am-10.30am after South Shields Parkrun.
RUNNERS MUST COMPLETE ALL DETAILS ON THE BACK OF THEIR RACE NUMBER.
7. Advised cut off time – 11.45am based on previous years. We will still allow people to finish their race.
8. Car parking – Available at Souter Lighthouse site on the field to the North of the Lighthouse. There will be a £3 charge for parking set by The National Trust. Free for national trust members. Please Car Share where possible.
9. Toilets – Available at Souter Lighthouse and public toilets at Marsden Grotto (roughly 5 minutes away from start line or a minute drive)
10. Entry Limit – 600. No Entries on the day
11. Enquiries to Event Organiser Luke Adams Luke@runeatsleep.co.uk
12. Course map and results available at runeatsleep.co.uk
13. Diversion at Marsden. Some of you may have noticed there is a slight diversion between Souter Lighthouse & Marsden on coastal path. This comes at approximately 1.5 mile marker on the way to the Leas & 8.5 mile marker on way back. The run will follow the footpath diversion which runs parallel to our original route. There may be other pedestrians & cyclists using the public footpath (as well as across the whole course). Please run in single file during the diversion and listen to marshall instructions. The diversion is clearly signposted and lasts for approximately 300metres before rejoining the grass.
14. Entries are non-refundable. Transfers will be available until 21/07/19
15. Please do not leave any litter on the course, including gels or drinks bottles. There will be bins provided nearby the water station & at Souter Lighthouse at Start/Finish area.
16. Baggage area will be located at the finish, however we cannot accept responsibility for possessions.
2016 - Cheryl Parkin
2017 - Jacqueline Penn
2018 - Sophie Robson
2016 - Matt Hornsby
2017 - Kurt Heron
2018 - Lee Dover