SiEntries Options
Login / Register

The Dragon 100 Coastal Race

Event Facebook Page
Event Twitter Feed
Event Website

Saturday 4th to Sunday 5th May 2019

Entries Open
Friday 10th August 2018
Entries Close
Monday 29th April 2019 at 12:00
Courses
Dragon 100 Mile; Dragon 100 Km
Entries so Far
45 Participants
Entry Fees
Dragon 100 Mile   £100.00   
    £120.00   (from 01/01/2019)
Dragon 100 Km   £60.00   
    £70.00   (from 01/01/2019)
Contact
Joe Timmins
Phone
02920235523

To enter you must first Log In or Register your Details with SiEntries.

The Dragon 100 is a ultra-trail footrace along the Wales Coastal Path.

There is a choice of TWO distances - 100 miles from Rhossili Bay to Cardiff Bay OR 100 kilometres from Afan Forest to Cardiff Bay. The routes are ideal for a first attempt at either distance or for a seasoned runner looking to post a quick time over some fast runnable trails.

The Route

80% of the 100mile route follows the Wales Coastal Path and passes through some stunning scenery including the Gower Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and the Glamorgan Heritage Coast. The remaining 20% of the 100 mile route leaves the Coast path and takes you inland through an excellent network of Forestry trails through the Afan Forest.

The Dragon 100k route starts with some rolling forest trails through the Afan Forest, then after approximately 15 miles joins onto the Wales Coast Path at Kenfig sands and follows it to Cardiff. Both Routes finish with a run over the Cardiff Bay Barrage and finish at the iconic Norwegian Church. There are 11 manned checkpoints for the 100 mile race and 7 checkpoints for the 100 k race which will provide a mixture of sweet and savoury snacks and hot and cold drinks.

The routes are also perfect for spectators with many beaches, cafes and beauty spots, and easy transport access to the route.


Save the date and share

Event location: