Info: This event is now full so all new entries will be placed on a waiting list.
To get a waiting list entry just enter as normal. No payment is required at this stage as there is no guarantee of being offered a place. If the Event Organiser is able to offer you a place they will send you an email inviting you to enter. You will then be asked to come back to this site and make your payment to confirm your entry. For more details please see our Waiting List Help.
Saturday March 5th 2022
The route is clearly way-marked on the day so very limited navigation is required. The nature of the event follows the tranquil and scenic waterways most of the way ('Cuckoo Way' and the 'Trent Valley Way') so this also keeps the route simple. The route is 90% trail with only some minor roads/tracks along the Trent Valley Way to link waterways. The event has four well stocked Aid Stations.
All finishers receive a HOBO Pace medal with the race engraving and a race T-Shirt, plus finish refreshment (often soup).
Covid-19 protocol dependent these times are subject to change (potential rolling start);
Registration opens at 7:00am and closes at 8:40am
Race briefing is at 8:40am
Race starts at 9am.
Registration/Start/Finish Address; Sturton Road, South Wheatley Village Hall, Retford, Notts, DN22 9DH
Regular, well stocked and marshalled checkpoints.
Dogs / Canicross very welcome – although restricted to a maximum of 30 canicross runners.
Please note this is one lap and is 31.5 Miles.
There is a cut off of 10.5 hours on this event.
Please note pacers are NOT allowed on this event.
Crew are allowed.
Sorry, no walkers allowed (open to discussion to fast walkers - please contact us)
Must be over 20 years of age to enter.
As always, full final instructions will be emailed out a fortnight before the event.
For more detailed information on the event please visit www.hobopace.co.uk
As things stand the event is on. We 100% intend to keep the event on if allowed - albeit with social distancing measures.
Our plan is to have everything in place 6 weeks before the event. Worst case scenario if it’s known / refused permission at that point so that it can't go ahead it gives a good spell of notice for everyone.
If it can't go ahead in March 2021 it will be postponed to a later date in 2021 and if that is not possible then deferred to 2022. If we have to cancel you will get a choice of a 70% refund or free deferral to the next event date. We are sorry it is not the full amount refunded, due to costs imposed on us to protect the events for future years it is necessary in order to survive the Covid-19 period.
Please note if you cancel it is also a 70% refund as standard. You will be warned on the deadline to cancel and receive this refund, as standard this is 3 weeks prior to the event upon when no refunds can be made.
All enquiries regarding entries to Ronnie Staton